Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sushi Adventure Part 2

One of Scott and my philosophies is to try and never pass up an opportunity to make new memories with our children. Today Scott and his dad, Merrill, went on a coal mine tour with Shauntel. I did not feel like I should go due to a stomache issue I am having so I stayed at home. I felt a little guilty for staying home but Brad, Amy and Whitney invited me to a sushi party. Brad loves sushi but does not have anyone to go with, because Amy is not a big fan. Whitney tried a California roll at a dinner we had with Shauntel and Ryan, and decided she would like to try the full sushi experience. When Brad heard this he was excited and they made a sushi date, which was today. They invited me along. At first, I wasn't going to go because I was apprehensive, but I decided this is one of those memories in the making, good or bad. So off we all went to the Happy Sumo at the Gateway Plaza in Salt Lake. This was the only place open for lunch; but it was a great restaurant. We ordered all types of sushi - maki, sashimi and a beautiful dragon roll. So basically we had regular and yellow fin tuna, salmon, crab, and Ikura(salmon eggs). It really is a beautiful meal. It was so delicious. We ate every thing we ordered. I was overstuffed. I only had one piece that I did not like but the rest was wonderful. My favorite was a tuna roll that came on one of the combo platter but I don't know the name. So good! Whitney really like it all too. She is very picky with food so this says a lot. She would put it on the level of pancake, and if you know her that means a lot. All in all I am so glad I went. Fun was had by all!

2 comments:

Citizen Jared said...

pancake level? wow! whitney dubbed sushi a high honor! i'm not a huge fan, but i DO love my sushi with wasabi and GINGER! ginger is just an amazing thing.. i think thats so great you did a party with each other and are being not only family, but friends.. don't ever take that for granted.. when i have my own kids, i am going to do the same! i had a good time today too, i went gun shooting and blew up office equipment! just think about it, while you were stuffing your face with sushi, i was blowing sh** up! what a great saturday!

Shauntel said...

What the deuce, is girls night not cool enough to blog about?