Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer Semester Mid-Term

I took my mid-term test for my Sociology 1020 course and I pulled a Whitney, again. Pulling a Whitney is when you think you did poorly on a test or assignment and when the test comes back you see that you did great. I was one of two students who received 100% on the exam. I do have to say our class is small, only eleven students but still I brag. I really did think that I did not do well and was resoved to get a B or C. I was quite excited when I saw my score, to say the least. I truly love school. That is why I am in class this summer. I graduated from Salt Lake Community College this past May with my Associate Degree in Psychology. I was going to take the summer off and just relax before I start class in the fall at the University of Utah. That lasted about two weeks and then I became so bored that I decided to take this class. It also helps me stay on schedule to graduate from the University of Utah in May of 2010. My major at this time is Social Science Composite with an unofficial minor in History. I decided to major with this degree so that if I want to teach in middle or high school I can take the licensure courses and become a teacher. At this point, I am going to earn my Bachelors Degree and then earn my Masters Degree in Psychology. I hope to be able to teach psychology in the future because I find it a very interesting subject. I have always yearned for a college degree and I am very happy to be able to attend classes now to work on this goal. At my age, I feel very fortunate to be able to do so and graduated on the Honor Roll and Dean's List (I only tell this for future generations because I want them to know if you work hard you can do well). I want all my children to get as much education as they desire, even if they have to postpone class attendance while taking care of their own families. Scott has earned his Master Degree in Management (what a good example he is to me), Shauntel has earned her Associates Degree from the College of Eastern Utah, Ryan (my fantastic son in law), has earned his Associates Degree from the College of Eastern Utah and has certified in numerous Insurance programs to help with his career in the insurance field, Brad is currently working on his Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering, Amy (my sweet daughter in law) is almost finished with her degree in Secondary Education (I don't know if they name it Social Science Composite at Utah State or not) and will do her student teaching this fall, Whitney is finishing her Bachelors Degree in Sports Medicine and will take her MCAT on July 18, 2008 (we are all so very excited for her, she wants to become a doctor), Jacob (my nephew who lives with us) started his college career but is taking time off to serve a mission for the LDS church in Merida Mexico, and Josie will enter 9th grade this fall. So you see, I am pleased with each of my children and husband and love to brag on their accomplishments. Education is one of the gifts that we get to take with us when we leave this earth, what a treasure it is!


2 comments:

Shauntel said...

Ryan has his associates silly.

Jackie said...

I will make the change, because I love Ryan and I want his history to be accurate.