Saturday, July 5, 2008

Celebrate Good Times

This was a week of celebration and fun. I have started working only two days a week so that I can spend time with Josie this summer. She has been very busy with Devin (her BFF) and the Florida vacation, so we have not spent a ton of time together but I am home so that is nice for me and I am here when she needs me.

My first event of fun this week was having lunch with my friend Patti, her twin daughters, Stephanie and Natalie, and Josie on Wednesday. Mike and Patti Gulbraa are our good friends from South Jordan. I met Pattie when she was expecting the girls and had the opportunity to help after the girls were born. Natalie had to stay longer in the hospital so I was able to watch Stephanie while Pattie would go and spend time with Natalie, and we have been great friends ever since. The girls are nine years old now. They are so cute and I love to see them and spend time with all of them. We had lunch at Cafe Rio's in South Jordan, one of my favorite places to eat. We got all caught up with their tales of school and their family vacation. They had quite an exciting and scary experience involving Mike and a runaway horse but all is well. I love to spend time with Patti. She is truly one of the most honest and kindest people I know. She would do anything for anyone. I have always looked up to her and count myself lucky that I am one of her friends.

My next celebration was Friday, The 4th of July! We spent a quiet day and that was a treat. Josie went to a parade in Murray with her BBF so Scott and I went and had breakfast at Kneaders. They have delicious sour dough pancakes, but not as good as mine. I let my sour dough start dry up and I truly regret this because it came from my Dad. He has passed away so I am going to get a start from my uncle, the only brother left, because I want a start from the original batch dating back to my grandfather. We then weeded some flower beds. I did not plant flowers this year because I procrastinated but I will try and do better next year. Then we had a BBQ with two more of my favorite people. David and Jennifer and their three boys. David and Jen are not just family (Scott and David are brothers) but also good friends. David and I have similar senses of humor and make each other laugh constantly. Jennifer is sweet heart and is always a pleasure to spend time with, so we had a great time. Not only did we spend time with them but we enjoyed our favorite splurge, King Crab Legs. We all agree that God must have created king crab just for us because we all truly love them, sorry PETA supporters. What could be a better 4th than spending time with family and eating crab legs? Nothing, that what! And just when I thought the day couldn't get any better, Whitney came up to my bedroom and asked if we could watch Pride and Prejudice, my most favorite book and movie. Besides reading the book recently, I have watch every version of the story that I could find. I love it! Actually, I love all Jane Austen novels but I have not read all of them yet, I have two and half to go. Right now I am reading Mansfield Park. I am really enjoying it but it is taking me forever because I don't have a lot of time to read right now. The movie is the newest version (2005) with Keira Knightley. It is a beautiful movie to watch with all the English scenery. What a treat it is to have a daughter that loves the movie almost as much as I do. Scott wonders how I can watch it so many times, and the answer is because I love it, of course. All in all, I had a great week and enjoyed my celebrations with family and friends.

No comments: