Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mama Mia

">

What a fun night. The movie Mama Mia opened on Friday, July 18, 2008. My sister-in-law, Jennifer, and I decided that when it came to the theater we were definately going to go together. I also thought it would be fun to go with my girls. Josie and Amy were not available because they had prior commitments. Josie went with her BFF, Devin, to Lava Hot Springs in Idaho, and Amy had a family reunion with her family in Fairview, Utah. Jennifer saw the play and we knew that when the film was released we would have to go together. There was no question about that. I love having a sister-in-law that is such a good friend as well. She brought her neighbor, Diane, a very nice lady and it was a pleasure to have her with us. Our niece Cara (Jon's wife), was free and came as well. It was so much fun. We went to dinner at an Italian restaurant and then off to the movie. I loved the movie. I love ABBA music so this was a treat for me. If you get past the premise of the movie (a little dicey) and just enjoy the music, scenery, and over all fun of the movie it is well worth going to see. Scott watched the two grandchildren so that Shauntel could come and just enjoy herself. Shauntel is such a great Mom and spends just about every minute with her children so a night out is a treat for her sometimes. Whitney took the MCAT earlier in the day and so she needed a night out to just sit and relax. She has studied so hard for this test. We will have to wait a month until we know her score but she is now officially finished with school for the summer and doesn't have to return to class until September. Anytime I get to spend time with my girls life is good. I love them all so much. And yes Brad, I love you too and I love to spend mother and son time as well. Since I spent such a fun week with Shauntel I think it is time to show her how much I love her.



10 Things I Love About You...Shauntel

1. I love that you are such a wonderful mother. You use all the things you liked when you were growing up and improve on the things that you didn't like. That is good, every generation should be better than the one before,.
2. I love your sense of humor. You make me laugh all the time.
3. I love that you come to spend time with dad and me. It is a treat.
4. I love how considerate you are with others. This is a quality I think is very important.
5. I love that you throw such good parties. You try and make the guest of honor feel special and you put so much time and effort in on their behalf. Your last party was a blast, Scott Banasky's Birthday.
6. I love that want to help me with my chores (such as painting doors) even though I keep putting you off.
7. I love that you are so much like your dad and want to help people with their projects, such as building houses and things like that.
8. I love that you are patient with me and never make me feel stupid or embarrased when I do silly things.
9. I love that you are respectful to our whole family. You don't let the problems mar you down and are so fair and respectful to everyone, except maybe Jo Jo.
10. I love that when I was feeling overwhelmed and deprived of blessing, you reminded me that I have a lot to be thankful for and trials in life are just temporary and will be over soon. I love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, Shauntel is right, she is the favorite daughter!! I love her too I guess.

Shauntel said...

Oh, that made me cry. I am the favorite.