Thursday, January 26, 2012

Christmas 2011

This is a late post, but better late than never.  We had a great Christmas this year.  We had my brothers and sister over, and their children as well, with the exception of Ben who is serving an LDS mission in Oklahoma.  This made Grandma Orgill very happy.  It has been a couple of years since we were all together.  David and Jennifer came with their boys as well.  Ryan roasted a prime rib and it was delicious.  I made rolls.  Grandma Orgill brought baked potatoes and shrimp cocktails.  Everyone else brought salads or desserts.  It is always fun to get together and enjoy each others company.  The children enjoyed opening their Christmas Eve gift from Grandma Orgill, which of course is always p.j.'s.  There was much noise and laughter so the night was a success.

Christmas morning was spent at Shauntel and Ryan's.  It was so much fun to watch J.R. and Shyann open their gifts from Santa.  Shauntel refinished her wooden kitchen from when she and Brad were young.  Shyann didn't much pay attention to it.  She was excited to get a panda purse and swim suit because this is what she asked Santa to bring.  She will get more excited when she is a little older I am sure.  She does play with it though.  J.R. got an I Touch.  He was very happy because now he can play all his games whenever he wants or at least when he is not grounded from it.  We had a great breakfast of eggs, waffles, bacon, and usual.  Again, there was a lot of noise and laughter so another success.

We had Whitney and Kellen for the holidays as well.  We spent lots of time visiting, skiing, going to the Maverick for Diet Dr. Pepper, and going to dinner.  It was a busy time filled with lots of fun.  Scott and I love it when they come home.  We really do miss them but are so proud of both of them with their schooling pursuits.  Hopefully, Whitney will get a residency here in Utah so we can see them more often.

Opening of the P.J.'s





Grandma Taking Pictures


Playing the IPad




Just Relaxin'


Enjoying Dinner














Christmas Morning

Playing with the Ipod Touch

Opening Gifts

Cooking and Eating Breakfast








The holidays are very busy and hectic but I am so thankful that I get to spend them with all my children.  I pray that as time passes we will grow closer to each other even if miles may separate us.  I have learned how important it is to be kind and love one another.  Forget the perceived character flaws and just love each other always!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had so much fun. I'm already ready to come back! Hopefully I get to do an away rotation and spend a month there! Where's all the pictures with shauntel with her hands on her hips :)

Jackie said...

I don't know. I forgot about them. They were not on the camera.

Shauntel said...

Find thos pics now. They were the highlight of the night.