Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving was such great fun this year. It was very busy and hectic but what would the holdiday be without the work? I started my baking the day before. I made roll dough and baked my pies. I did leave the roll dough out all night so that was ruined and I had to hurry and make some more on Thanksgiving day. Oh well, that was the most tragic thing that happened so I can not complain.  I did make a new pie this year, Chocolate Banana Cream.  It was all finished by the end of the night so I guess it tasted good.  David came over early and got to cooking his turkey, potatos, and yams. Scott also cooked a turkey in the Dutch oven. They both were delicious and we both had leftovers to make turkey soup. You can't beat that! Grandma Orgill brought stuffing, shrimp, and homemade cranberry sauce. Barry and his new lady friend, Charmaine, brought beautiful relish and cheese trays. Jared and Pinja brought olives and pickles and Jacob and Felicia brought icecream so dinner was complete and glutenous. Our dinner guests included Scott, Jackie, Shauntel, Josie, Jacob and Felicia; David, Jennifer, Carson, Carter, Connor, Jared, Pinja, Chuck (David's long time friend), Lamont and Colleen Carson (Jen's parents); Grandma Orgill; Barry, Charmaine, Sammy, Colton and Ashley (Charmaine's 17 year old son and 15 year old daughter). We missed having Ryan and the kids, Brad and Amy, and Whitney and Kellen, but we will all be together on Christmas Eve and I can not wait!
 
 
After dinner was cleaned up, thanks so much to all who helped, especially Jen, Colleen, and Grandma Orgill, a few of us went to the movie Breaking Dawn. Josie and Shauntel wanted to go so they invited Grandma Orgill, Barry, Charmaine, Sammy, and me. We had a great time. They all seemed to like the movie. I was a little bored but loved being with the gang. Besides Coke Zero and popcorn, what's not to love?
 
 
The next day I made it my goal to decorate for Christmas. I have been a bit of a party pooper the past two years. Two years ago we were just finishing the remodeling so I just put up the tree with no ornaments. Last year I did decorate the tree and put a few things around. This year I have put out all that I have that is still in good condition. I need to replenish my decorations. I do collect pyramids and snow globes so I buy a new pyramid every year and Telly buys me a new snow globe so that will keep growing. It is fun to get the snow globes out and reminisce about getting them. Shyann helped me decorate the Christmas tree. J.R. was at the football game with his dad so he was unavailable to help. As you can imagine, we had many ornaments at the bottom of the tree so with Shyann's permission we redistributed many of them and spread them out a little. She was so proud of herself and shows everyone her work.
 
 
Once again, I am reminded how wonderful it is to be with family and how much fun they are. I really can not wait until Christmas so that I can have them all together again. Love all you guys!

Homemade Rolls

My Famous Pies!
Two Turkeys (Scott's on top, Dave's below)
Appetizers
Jake at the Buffet Bar
Charmaine, Colton, Ashley, and Sammy
Colleen and Lamont Carson
Pinja, Jared, Felicia, Jacob, and Josie
Carson, Carter, and Connor Playing With the Ipad
Scott and Jennifer
Grandma Orgill taking pictures, like usual!
Shyann's Decorated Tree

So proud!
Finished Tree After a Little Redistribution


Snow Globes - Saving a Spot for This Year's Gift
Candle Pyramids

2 comments:

Shauntel said...

I think there was a lot of redistribution on the tree! They can't wait for Ryan to get our tree out. This week sometime I think. It is burried in the garage! I didn't know about the roll dough. That is a bummer! Thanksgiving was great!

Unknown said...

That looks like fun! I love that dad dutch ovens a turkey, I bet it was delicious. Oooooh homemade rolls, I might just have to cave and make myself some soon!