Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Road Trip!!!

Well it happened. Another chick has flown the coop, again. Whitney was accepted to medical school in Milwaukee, and has moved and started school. Shauntel and she were going to move her themselves but Josie decided she wanted to join the party and so they let her come along. I was happy to let them take the trip and was content with staying at home while they had their adventure, but Whitney did not have a set place to move into and no lease signed when she got there, so I decided to join the party as well. A mother has to know that her child is going to be okay and settled or there is no peace. I was glad I went. Whitney really wanted me to come and we didn't tell Shauntel until I got into the car to go. Shauntel was so surprised! It was so much fun to travel across the country with my girls. We laughed, we cried, we yelled, we changed a flat tire, well we called the police to do it, we slept, we drove, we got lost, we ate, and we moved Whitney into her hard sought after apartment.


We left on Sunday, August 2, 2009 and arrived in Milwaukee on Tuesday, August 4. Not bad, right? We spent Tuesday finding Whitney a place to move into. As it turns out there were several rental units and Whitney decided to live in a one bedroom apartment. Wednesday was left to getting her settled and buy a new couch because the one brought from Utah would not fit into the apartment. We then returned the needed but annoying U-Haul trailer and went into Chicago to sight see and have dinner. Thursday was the flight home for the three of us and I have to say that leaving my girl alone so far away was heart breaking. I did pretty good with the tears and kept them away from the girls as much as possible, because Whits was nervous and stressed and didn't need an emotional mother, but it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. That being said, it was one of the best experience that I have had with my girls and I will treasure the memories forever.


















2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh that was a fun trip! i loved chicago, i can't wait to go back. i don't know if i'll be able to until after my first block of tests, but hopefully i will be able to! I'm glad you all came, i was so scurred!

Shauntel said...

Why am I crying now? Dang it. I hate Wisconsin more than Price!