Wednesday, August 26, 2009

End Of Summer

I can't believe summer is over. I returned back to school yesterday, August 25, 2009. Summer went by so quickly. I enjoyed returning back to class but I truly enjoyed my summer this year. We of course had construction going on but there was also fun with my husband, children, and grandchildren. We started the summer off with going to pickup Jake from his mission, as posted earlier, and then celebrated his homecoming with family and friends on July 19, 2009.












We spent time with Whitney who took off the summer to play before leaving for med school in the fall, more information on this event to follow. She would get a bit bored and want to take hike in the mountains. There are so many hiking trails that I was not even aware of in Utah. We took a hike above Brighton Ski Resort to two lakes, Lake Mary and Lake Catherine, well we all made it to Lake Mary but only Whit and I went on to Lake Catherine. It was beautiful and nice to spend time with Scott, Josie and Whitney. It sure beat the weeding we were doing before the hike, and we met many friendly people and animals along the way.

















We had a little help with pigeon control during the summer. They like to use our house as a nesting spot, and make such a mess, so my son-in-law stood guard and scared them away. It seemed to work because we have not had any return to disrupt the construction or make any new messes.



We also had the grandchildren visit a lot this summer. Shauntel and Ryan are so generous with their family and I am truly grateful to both of them for bringing the children so often. I talk with friends and they don't get to see their grandchildren nearly as often as we do and their grandchildren live in the area. One of the fun activities we did this summer, in July, was had a marshmallow roast in the back yard with the whole family minus Ryan. We had the foundation of the addition poured and I guess J.R. thought is was a giant fire pit because he wanted the roast. He went around the yard in the morning to gather wood for the fire and later that night we started it and roasted the mellows and made Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Smores. They were delicious. It was a lot of fun. Jacob also brought his new girlfriend, Felicia, over to spend some time with us. She was still very shy but has warmed up to us since then. Of course there were smoke bombs because J.R. loves them and Uncle Brad makes sure he has some to light. What a great night.











All in all, it was a great summer and I had a great time not taking any classes and relaxing instead. I just need to figure out how I can take the whole summer off work and school then that would be heaven.

No comments: