Friday, July 17, 2009

Return With Honor

Jacob was released from the Merida, Mexico Mission on June 23, 2009. He did such a great job and worked so hard while serving the Lord and teaching the Mexican people for two years. Missions are such a great blessing for all, for Jacob, the people of Mexico, and us at home whom get to share his experiences and are blessed by the Lord while he is away. Scott and I felt it such an honor to support him while he served and truly felt the Lord's love while doing it. We are both going to miss this time.

Jacob would have been released on June 16, 2009 but we had the opportunity to go to Mexico and pick him up from the mission. We were able to meet many members and friends who loved and cared for Jacob. We were also able to meet with his President and wife. They are truly two of the nicest people I have met and even though we did not speak the same language it was truly a special time for me. The President and his wife were lovely and you could certainly tell they loved Jacob. The mission home was beautiful and in a great area that reminded me of a Las Vegas suburb.

We also had dinner with Elder Nemelka and his companion. Elder Nemelka (Bo) is a boy from our ward who went to the same mission about 5 weeks after Jacob. I also had another nephew, Kellan Madsen, go to the same mission just over a year before Jacob. It is a small world after all.
We had such a great time with the exception that Jacob couldn't enjoy the ocean of the water and he did not like that much. Also everyone, except me, suffered from the ED (explosive dirareah). This was amazing because of my stomache problems and IBS. Scott and I know it was because of my prayers before we left that I would not have a difficult time while in Mexico so that I would not be a burden to the rest of the traveling party. One of those missionary blessings I was talking about.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look at us playing jumprope with the little kids. we are so precious!