Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day!


I had one of the best Mother's Day ever! Ryan and Shauntel came on Friday, Shyann came on Thursday when Whitney returned from their home. I was able to spend Saturday with Shauntel and J.R. to shop for material for an I Spy quilt Shauntel is making for him. He picked many fantastic fabrics with each meaning something to him. It will not be the best matched quilt in the world but it will be the best, at least to him. Later the girls and I went dress and shoe shopping. I found the cutest pair of orange shoes, ever. I know they sound terrible but they are sooo cute. It was a fun. Sunday was great. I didn't have to do a thing for dinner. Ryan made the whole dinner with Shauntel helping with a fruit salad. Everyone was home and my Mom and brother came and dined with us. It was a great dinner with steak so tender you could cut it with a fork. Whitney even like the steak and she does not eat much meat, especially steak. After dinner, Whitney cleaned the dishes and we were able to sit and talk until we felt hungry enough for a fabulous desert of hot fudge brownies ala mode. It was so nice to visit with my Mom and brother and sit and relax and enjoy everyone's company. We did try an outing before dinner up to Donut Falls. It was a great idea but the girls didn't come well prepared for a hike on the snow covered trail and so we decided to scrap the plan, but it was a great drive and nice to be up in mountains for awhile. I love my husband and children and they make me feel very special on Mother's Day and take such good care of me. This year was really one for the record books.

No comments: