Saturday, December 5, 2009

Merry Christmas to me (a little early)!

I got my Christmas present early this year, and I share it with Josie. We have both wanted a new puppy for a long time but had been unsuccessful in talking Scott into getting us one. We would look on KSL.com for a dog we both liked. We decided on a poodle because they stay small and do not shed, besides Jo kaboshed the Dachshund because they grow up ugly (her words) and shed (my words).


On Friday, Josie and I sat down again and looked on KSL.com and there happened to be a lady coming from Idaho who was selling poodles. Josie had two requirements for the dog:
1. It could not be white because their eyes get gross.
2. It could not be a male.


Well Idaho lady had two females and one was black. Plus her name is Rita and that is what we call Aunt Jen, so we took it as sign that it was time to talk Scott into an early Christmas present. Well I asked him Friday night and said this would be the last time I asked because I did not want to nag him anymore about it. He said he truly did not want a dog and so I said okay and gave Jo the bad news. She decided that she would ask him herself and the discussed why he did not want to have the dog and she explained that she is older and would be very responsible. Well, he gave his infamous answer that he always gives when Josie want something, "if your bedroom is clean right now (then you can have the dog)." Josie had anticipated this answer and she and her friend Devon had cleaned her bedroom earlier that day. Scott and Jo walked downstairs and walked into the bedroom and Scott said "Oh my h***." He knew he had be snookered. But being the man of honor that he is he said I gave you my word and you can have the puppy.


I couldn't believe it! We went to the house Rita was staying at and bought little girl, she has no name yet. She is very young, only five weeks and probably shouldn't have left her mother, but she was weened and all ready on solid food so I consented and we took this little, sweet baby home Friday night.


She is so cute and we both love her so much all ready. All I could say to Scott is that at least you have your Christmas shopping finished. It didn't make him better but he sure being a good sport.


Shauntel and her family came to town today, Saturday, and the kids got to play with girl. She would chase J.R. around trying to get his toes. She did get Shyann's toes and she did not like this at all. Shyann was also very protective and anything that was on the floor because she did not want puppy to chew it. It was a fun day because I had the grandchildren while Shauntel and Ryan went to Premier to make holiday baskets for our customers. What could be better than being with the grandchildren and a new puppy. Maybe a little bit of chocolate and it would have been perfect!









2 comments:

Unknown said...

that puppy is freaking tiny!! i hope she doesn't grow too much before i get to see her!!

Shauntel said...

That is precious. I love the puppy too. I think Ryan wants one now. I could kill him! We of course are not getting one. He is content with Bella, but I think he loves the little dog too. Should have listened to me to begin with! Ha ha! J.R. liked seeing his pictures.